It may sound like the punch line from a bad limerick, but Phuket, Thailand hosts some of the most beautiful beaches and exclusive spas in the world. Phuket holidays are exotic, yet affordable. Phuket, about the size of Singapore, is the largest island in Thailand. A mountain range anchors the southern end of the province while Patong Beach, a popular tourist spot, stretches along the western end.
If you’re seeking a more relaxed atmosphere, head north of Patong to Bang Tao, Kamala or Surin beach. Those areas are less developed, but they still provide numerous day spa experiences. Choosing the best day spa experience is complicated by the fact that more 500 hotels operate on the island. Whether you’re seeking a luxury beachfront massage or an economical spa package, the island caters to all tastes and budgets.
Top 10 Day Spas in Phuket
1. Spa Burasari, Burasari Resort - In Phuket, it’s not uncommon to hear the phrase, “Just across from the beach.” In the case of the Burasari Resort, it certainly is truth in advertising. Located on Patong, the Burasari is a smaller, boutique-style resort.
2. Mali Massage – A visit to Thailand would be incomplete without experiencing a food massage. Mali is not part of a luxury resort, but their therapeutic foot massage is outstanding. Stop by after a long day walking on the beach. Your feet will thank you.
3. Mandara Spa, J.W. Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa – Imagine a spa menu that offers 20 different services. Then quadruple it and add 10. Welcome to Madara.
4. Trisara – The Trisara revitalization and purification programs employ naturalists and homeopathic healers to detoxify and revitalize their guests.
5. Chandara Resort and Spa – Stepping foot into the five-star Chandara spa transports you to a place where serenity rules and stress is banished.
6. Le Spa at Le Meridien – Phuket’s sister city is Nice, France. Visiting Le Spa is akin to vacationing on the French Riviera. Enjoy the Le Tea Retreat, a three-day smorgasbord of spa treatments.
7. Angsana Spa, Dusit Thani – A long line at a restaurant may tell you something about the quality of its food. The majority of Angsana Spa patrons are repeat customers. That should tell you something too.
8. Mövenpick Resort and Spa – Mövenpick Resort and Spa appeals to romantics. The chocolate body scrub, a spécialité de la maison, appeals to couples and singles alike. Follow that up with a fragrant floral milk bath and then relax on the beach.
9. Secret Garden Retreat – Located in Northern Phuket, the Secret Garden Retreat offers a more genuine Thai experience. The spa features classic Thai architecture and thatched roofs, but don’t let the decor fool you. The resort employs talented therapists specializing in massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and nutrition.
10. The Solitude Spa – A perfect spot for quiet repose, the Solitude Spa is located on South Phuket. Although it offers a full array of services, the Solitude Spa caters to visitors who seek more serene Phuket holidays.